Organized athletics is fun and exciting while at the same time sewn with risk in the form of potential injury, property damage and sports related liabilities. The teams, leagues, venues and participants all want to have fun, but the need for protection is a reality.
When something goes wrong we are here for you. A player tears his/her ACL or experiences a concussion, a spectator is hit or slips and falls in the facility, a car is damaged by a foul ball or an accusation of negligence, abuse, neglect or misconduct is made. Without protecting your organization and its individual players from liability and injury, the risk can be significant.
Sports and fitness insurance from BrookStone Insurance Group is designed to protect sports teams/leagues and participants from the risks that can result from competitive play, tournaments, practices, and camps. Working alongside you, our professionals will design a policy that meets the specific needs of your organization.
We help ensure that important coverages, such as sex abuse/molestation, are not excluded from your policy. No matter what sport your team/league plays, BrookStone can meet your sports related insurance needs including:
- General Liability Insurance – protects your organization, participants, volunteers and employees if a claim arises relating to the team/league’s negligence.
– Can include both spectator liability and participant liability
– Can consist of activities dealing with organized/supervised practices, games, tryouts, tournaments, play-offs and other events
– Can insure events hosted by the team/league
– Can include additional events, such as end-of- season parties, award banquets, fundraising, etc.
- Accident Insurance – provides coverage for a player or coach injured during the course of a supervised team/league activity.
– This coverage acts as an excess medical policy, which goes into effect after the player’s or coach’s health insurance has paid its portion.
- Directors & Officers Liability
– Covers common lawsuits not covered by the general liability insurance policy, including wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.
- Crime Insurance
– Provides reimbursement to your team/league if an employee or volunteer steals money collected for purposes of the organization’s activities.
- Excess Liability
– Often known as an “umbrella” liability policy, it provides excess coverage related to large accident claims and lawsuits against the team/league.
- Equipment Insurance
– This coverage is often needed if the team/league has high-value equipment stored in its facilities.
- Commercial Auto Insurance (if applicable)
- Property Insurance (if applicable)
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Fitness & Recreation Sports Centers
Health Club Facilities
Yoga & Pilates Studios
Sports & Recreation Instruction
Youth Sports Camps & Clinics
Sports Training Clinics
Dance Schools & Programs